Ingredients (makes 9 muffins)
- 1 medium egg, room temperature
- 125ml milk (whole)
- 60ml vegetable oil
- 200g plain flour
- 100g caster sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Couple of handfuls of frozen blueberries
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- Preheat oven to 180C and line a muffin tray with cases.
- Whisk the egg in large bowl. Add the milk, oil, vanilla essence and whisk
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and then add the sugar and blueberries
- Slowly add the wet ingredients and mix until smooth but be careful not to over mix, it’s ok to see some small pockets of flour.
- Spoon into the muffin cases. The cases should be almost full just leave about 1/2 cm space at the top
- Put in oven for 25mins or until risen and springs back at your touch.