White Chocolate & Ginger Cheesecake
- 300g full fat cream cheese
- 250g mascarpone cheese
- 300ml double cream
- 600g white chocolate
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 500g ginger nut biscuits
- Line a cake tine with baking parchment and grease any parts not covered with paper.
- Crush the biscuits (either use a bag and rolling pin, or better still use a food processor).
- Add 100g melted butter and mix then press into your lined cake tin and leave in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Melt your chocolate using a bain marie, ensuring the boiled water doesn't touch the glass bowl that the chocolate is in. Allow to cool.
- Whisk together the cream cheese and mascarpone using an electric whisk for 2-3 minutes, until light and pillowy, then add the double cream and beat for another minute.
- Mix in the cooled melted chocolate and ginger then pour over your chilled biscuit base.
- Leave in fridge for at least 3 hours to set before serving.